You will learn how to form a new relationship with your children, how to develop their strengths and how to get them to cooperate in ways you never thought possible.
The numerous real-life examples make it easy for you to see how to use Parenting in your own family, and the comprehensive index makes it easy to find anything you may be looking for.
1. THREE APPROACHES TO RAISING CHILDREN
(1a) The traditional authoritarian way, (2b) the permissive approach, and (3a) a new method based on recent psychological research which is caled love with boundaries.
2. MAKING THE SHIFT
– how to become inner-directed, prevent the victim syndrome, teach children how to take responsibility, change polarized thinking, use the power of positive thinking, influence children, set personal boundaries, and understand the cycle of change in a child’s life.
3. UNDERSTANDING THE SOURCE OF BEHAVIOR
– how to see what creates a certain behavior; the underlying thoughts, feelings and needs.
4. TEACHING RESPONSIBILITY
– how to develop self-responsibility in children, and how to solve any family problem in six steps.
5. HELPING CHILDREN BUILD HEALTHY SELF-ESTEEM
– how to recognize destructive and constructive labels, inspire children to do better, and show that mistakes can be valuable.
6. COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVELY
– how to handle disciplinary situations with 90% less stress; how to use the power of receptive listening, build trust, and avoid the accusatory you.
7. INFLUENCING CHILDREN POSITIVELY
– how to build on children’s natural way of learning, how to use different leadership styles.
8. PROBLEMS WITH PUNISHMENT
– differences between verbal and physical punishment, understanding the difference between discipline and punishment.
9. DISCIPLINE WITH LOVE
– how to clarify agreements, how to address different behavior problems, how to use natural consequences that children can understand, how to plan ahead to prevent problems before they occur ,handle temper tantrums effectively at any age.
10. HOW CHILDREN THINK
– how play is child’s work, the multi-faceted mind, how to find your child’s particular strengths (this is one of the most appreciated parts of this program.
11. LEARNING TO LOVE
– how children develop from birth to young adult.
12. REDUCING STRESS IN THE FAMILY
– how to accept children as they are, and understand the specific needs of each of us.
13. RESOLVING FAMILY CONFLICTS
– how to identify conflict, use the four most effective conflict resolution strategies, use H.A.L.T. to reduce stress and anger, and build closeness.
14. TALKING ABOUT SENSITIVE SUBJECTS
– how to do it effectively with our seven guidelines, how to really understand teenagers, how to deal with life-threatening issues for teens.
15. LIVING A SELF-ACTUALIZED LIFE
– how to set useful family goals, live consciously, how to help your children make truly life-altering choices, how to teach your children to recognize the consequences of our choices.